Little did I know what a shake up my tummy was about to get.....
but I survived to tell the tale (2 sick bags later) and I'm happy to say, the trip back today was much much better.
Enjoyed this visit to Laj again, this time with my boss Elaine - we stayed in accomodation called "the longhouse" ( a long yellow house) with others doing a variety of different work in the community such as sexual assault counselling, improving school attendance and a research project in the effectiveness of painting flouride onto kids teeth. It was a bit like staying at a hostel, sharing a kitchen and bathroom and sharing stories of our days and watching a bit of telly together in the evening. oday was apparently 43 degrees in Lajamanu (no surprises cos it is in the desert!).
Discovered the shop this trip and Elaine and I had ice-cream and soft drink treats both days!!! Could have justified 10 ice-creams per day in that heat - standing in the sun measuring up ramps.
Yuendumu (another community closer to Alice) had the opening of their swimming pool this week and boy does Lajamanu need one! I hope they're next on the list.
No comments:
Post a Comment