Saturday, April 4, 2009


hello - its been ages since I wrote - little and often is my intention but... it hasn't happened. Got my favourite tunes on and playing around editing photos ....

Decided a little while back to stay another 6 months at least - the first 6 went so quick and there's plenty to like and learn and enjoy up here so, why not.

I've moved into a new house called the Taj. We have new folk at work needing the flat they put me up in intially. After camping at my gorgeous new friend Sarah's house for an interim month and eating lots of good food (that's sarah with the bags of rubbish we created from eating heaps!), I moved in with two other girls, Sarah and Eugenie. Its called the Taj because of The Taj-like architectural features of the house, more specifically the driveway entrance. Its very out of place in Katherine, but makes it very easy to direct people to. Its a block from work and a block from the shops. Most people don't like to be that close to work but with my car out of action and having given up on fixing bike tyre punctures, easy walking distance suits me just fine. Plus everyone is close to work in Katherine. Its just that I could hardly live much closer. And apart from super house mates, The Taj also has a pool ..... sigh.... could I be happier with my pad? I think not.

Tripped up to Darwin last weekend with Frances (new speechie, also from Melbourne) to see "Skipping Girl Vinegar" play at an intimate little venue, Happy Yess. Were we happy? Yes, we were. A great night out - lots of melbourne folk turned out, including other Melbourne folk temporarily residing in Katherine.

Off to Darwin again this week to do a 2 day - four wheel driving course and then flying to Gove/Nhulumbuy for Easter. The course is to prepare me for road trips but it sure is gonna be handy when we hire a 4WD and explore the beaches around Gove, in East Arnhem Land. I'm told that even though I should naturally try not to get bogged, I should also expect to get bogged driving on the beaches and prepare for it by taking a shovel, cardboard etc.

No comments: